With the big rivalry game approaching, here are 14 ways to make sure you have a super fun time at the University of Iowa vs. Iowa State game.
- Make sure you are decked head to toe in black and Gold!
- Make sure to bring your student ID if you are using a student ticket
- If you’re bringing a bag, make sure it’s smaller than a piece of paper
- Gather up a group of friends or floor mates to Kinnick with
- Yell “Beat State!” at everyone you pass wearing Cyclone apparel
- Stay hydrated before, during, and after the game. You are able to bring in sealed water bottles
- If you want to tailgate, check out the Krause Family Plaza (outside of gate A, by Nile Kinnick statue). Activities leading up to the game begin at 9:30AM
- Check out the food vendors outside the stadium: 10/10 would suggest the cheese fries or the giant turkey leg
- Get into the stadium early enough to be able to sit by whoever you are with
- Get stoked when you hear “Back in Black” as the Hawkeye players storm the field
- Cheer along with the student section throughout the game
- You can report issues inside Kinnick via text message. All you need to do is text “IOWA”, your problem, and your location to 69050.
- Hawks Help Hawks… Look out for your fellow Hawkeyes! Be aware and help those around you how you can! If you need extra help, you can look for people in neon green shirts ‘Need Information’ booths or signs
- Every time you hear “On Iowa!”, as you’ve been taught, respond “Go Hawks!”
Main image: http://i.imgur.com/JWztCK3.jpg
Other images courtesy of Alec Deer and Olivia Nauman